Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sketchbook Entry and Some Precious Needlework

Today I decided to create a pattern, using watercolors and marking pens.
I'm trying to be less fussy with these sketches and I was a bit inaccurate with the design,
but this is the effect I wanted.
I'm saying to myself, "It's just a sketch" and simply enjoying the process.


Also, I had found this beautiful embroidery done by my mom in a closet and made it into a pillow for my sister's birthday. My mother was very skillful with embroidery, needlepoint, crochet, knitting and rug hooking and her hands were forever busy creating beautiful things. She would have been pleased to see this piece on my blog, although she was very modest.


I hope you've been having a good weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Karen L R said...

Love both of these pieces!

sharon said...

Aren't blue and white pieces so joyful? Like good friends bringing out the best of each other. Lucky you to have such a mom. Lucky mom to have such a daughter. Your pattern piece is delightful.

Shell said...

Your sketchbook is pretty. Your mom was talented;The pillow is wonderful. I can see where you got your artistic skill from. Thanks for sharing you was named after Judy Garland. I think that is cool. Have a great week.

Lyn said...

I love the pattern, I can see it on a fabric. And that pillow....it is gorgeous!
xxx

Amy Hauschild said...

your sketches are lovely, I always try to make each one amazing that doesn't last long as I have little patience and need to get ideas down quickly! your mums embroidery is exquisite!

Anne Butera said...

I think your sketch looks great, Judy. Such joyful colors. At first I thought it was a piece of patterned paper that you had added to your sketchbook, so I wouldn't say it looks inaccurate at all.

Your mother's embroidery is lovely. I love embroidery but have no patience to create any myself.

Fire Restoration Saint Joseph said...

Hello maate great blog