Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wish I knew more...

I've been fighting with my computer for an hour, trying to do a new blog header! I don't know enough about photography and editing and I'm really dissatisfied with this latest one. I tried it with a black print background and added the words using Picmonkey, but it ended up looking like a big storm cloud on top of my blog!


I could really use a Photoshop course, but meanwhile I'll plug away and probably try a new approach in the next few days.

My life has been full of creativity lately. I'm counting my blessings that I have so many opportunities around me. I belong to a great Arts Collaborative and we had our Spring Show last week. I had only one new picture in it, along with some older ones…


I also belong to a fabulous stitching group which meets one morning a week. Each person is working in a different medium, it seems, and I've been inspired each and every week I've been there. We're all women, and there's lots of conversation and laughter, too.





A friend from my art classes, Rosalie, had an opening for her show of vegetable paintings last week at Create Artisan Studio, our local hub of creativity. Rosalie is on the right in this photo, and on the left is AnnMarie, the owner of this fabulous place. My exhibit will take place here in June. Love it here!








Here's a vegetable-themed doll Rosalie made in one of our classes!


And, as always, our art classes with Amy Ropple, whom I admire so much, continue on. My creativity has increased greatly since I started taking classes - quilt collage, drawing, paper mache, beading, fiber studio - and often we have the handsome Cairo, one of Amy's parrots, on hand to entertain us.


At the moment I'm working on this little beaded doll, just for fun. I'll share a better picture when she's done.


Hope your week is going well and that you're finding time to be creative, too!

Smiles...
   Judy




7 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Sorry about the frustration with the header. I feel your pain only too well!

Glad that you are creatively occupied. I do love those vegetable paintings!

Libby

Anonymous said...

Such an enjoyable post. :) So much creativity!

Anonymous said...

Such an enjoyable post. :) So much creativity!

Shell said...

Judy, I understand about the problems with your header. It took me two hours yesterday trying to figure out to upload an audio reading I did. Technology can sometimes be maddening. Your weekly creative class sounds inspiring. We need to stay to connected to other creatives to keep our artistic lives full.

Simone said...

It looks like you have lots of opportunities to be creative Judy! I wish I was able to meet up with like-minded folk. Your new header is lovely. I am not techie minded so I rarely do anything adventurous in updating the look of my blog for fear of deleting it all! Have a lovely weekend. x

Anne Butera said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful, creative, joyful time, Judy!

Sorry about the computer frustrations. I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent tinkering and trying to get things to work the way I want them to. Have you looked into any classes on CreativeLive? They have free classes you can watch streaming on their site or pay for (and have access to forever). Some of their classes are on Photoshop.

In any case, I think your header looks lovely.

Hope your coming week is great!

giaonhanquocte said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ