Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy April!

I've been away from my blog for way too long and I miss it. There's a lot going on in my life right now and I've felt pretty scattered, but I want to get back to posting some of the creative things I've been working on. I have to admit, I'm very fortunate to belong to a few circles of very creative people. I'll write about them as the month goes on.

For today, here's a little watercolor painting I did this morning. I was in an art supply store recently and just couldn't resist a box of watercolor pans, like the set I had as a kid, but with twice as many colors!
I knew I had a busy day ahead so I took a few minutes to do this. The centers are made with dimensional paint.


And yesterday, as I prepared a little Easter gift for a friend, I realized I didn't have a gift bag, so I took some time to make an easter basket out of scrapbook paper and paper punches. Pure arts and crafts, but so much fun!



I'm finding that just the act of being creative, no matter what the project, increases my sense of joy and well-being each day. Tomorrow I'll be going to a stitching group I recently joined and tomorrow night is my textile studio class. Sitting and stitching in these upbeat gatherings is a great antidote to some stress I've been dealing with lately. Creativity can be a blessing if we allow ourselves to enjoy it.
I hope to share more projects in the days to come. 

We still have snow on the ground, but I love the promise that April brings. Hope your month is off to a good start.

Smiles...
   Judy

3 comments:

Simone said...

I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with some stress recently Judy but happy that you have fun outlets for your creativity. The Easter gift bag is lovely. I wish I'd thought of doing that to present my Easter eggs! Have a lovely weekend. x

sharon said...

Oh so glad to see you back, Judy! Your "projects" are always uplifting and delightful so I've missed them dreadfully.
Love the painting and the basket.
Hope all that nasty white stuff is gone for good and that lovely green shoots will be showing up all around you soon.

Anne Butera said...

Happy April to you, Judy!

Glad you're being creative and finding joy in the making. So sorry that it's been a stressful time for you. Here's to sunny skies and creativity and joy.