Monday, February 23, 2015

Silver Linings

February has been a difficult month here in New England.
 I've lost track of the number of snow storms we've had, 
which have left us with piles of snow,


and ice dams on our roofs (this is not my house),


which have resulted in many leaks inside the house.




Needless to say, many of us, including me, are feeling a bit bleak about the weather
as we look to the home repairs we'll be facing in the spring.

But today, when I was out driving, I noticed that beyond the dirty snow
there was a beautiful azure sky.


When I had parked the car, I took more notice and spent a few minutes
just looking up. So much beauty right above my head!




And I thought back to this paper cut I had posted on Facebook a couple 
of weeks ago, reminding us of how much worse it would be if snow were black!


Silver Linings…!

Hope your February is going well!

Smiles...
     Judy


6 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I agree, there is always beauty if we look for it.

Libby Fife said...

Snow looks so difficult to deal with, honestly.

Before you know it Spring will be here. Keep looking up:)

Simone said...

Black snow would not be a good look! You have certainly had more than your fair share of snow Judy. Before you know it spring will have arrived and dried out the soaked wood. Keep looking up to the blue skies. The month of March is just days away! x

Anne Butera said...

Oh, Judy, winter sure is taking its toll this year. I know we are all looking forward to spring, spring, spring!

And now it's March and spring is closer. Doesn't quite look like it out my window (or I'm sure yours, either), but it's coming!

I hope you are continuing to find the silver linings. I'll take sunshine and blue skies any day.

Sending hugs and dreams of flowers.

Lorinda.C.F said...

We've been horribly spoiled here on the West Coast and I've been thinking of you all under your blankets of snow. But, as you shared, there is no blue like the blue of a winter sky. Gorgeous. Stay warm, spring IS coming. xoxo

Linda said...

Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. You all have had large quantities of snow there, and we have been having the frigid temperatures here...-23 with the wind here today. Your photos are lovely. :)