Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Printing with my Gelli Plate and Noticing Spring

This morning I had a little over an hour to experiment
with my Gelli Plate, so I used a limited pallet of pale yellow,
orange and spring green and set to work - or rather, play!





As I used textured paper, stencils, lace and cut-outs,
the time flew by and I barely had time to clean up before going out!
I did have a motivation for doing this today -
tonight is the beginning of a new class I'm taking, Collage
and Mixed Media. These papers will be exciting to use!

We awoke this morning to a surprise layer of snow
on the ground, but by afternoon most of it had melted.
I always love to watch the progress of our forsythia bushes
in the spring, and the snow didn't harm them at all!





Soon these bushes will be laden with yellow blossoms!

Hope you are having a terrific spring day!


2 comments:

sharon said...

Oh, it would be fun to take a class with you, Judy!
Love what you've prepared.
I checked my baby forsythia bushes and see the smallest signs of yellow coming along. Yahoo!
Glad your snow didn't stick around. Ours is now nearly entirely gone, though I do wish the sun would come out and finish the job.
Have fun in class. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Simone said...

That Gelli Plate looks fascinating! You have made some lovely patterns with it. I hope you have lots of fun at your new class. x