Friday, November 8, 2013

AEDM Day 8 - Making Progress

Good Morning!
I've just been working on my sunset silhouette and added a few elements to it.


So far, the trees are still just fused down. I added some trim along the skyline which looks like bushes, and a wool felt foreground into which I needle felted some colored roving. 
I can see that I need to add some irregular stitching to the foliage to make it look less precise,
 mute down the bright colors in the foreground and maybe add some subtle trees in the background.
AEDM is a great place to show progress on a piece of art, without worrying about perfection.

I also want to share photos of my favorite animal quilts
from the quilt festival I recently attended in Houston.








I hope that everyone who reads this is having a great day!

13 comments:

Indigo Janson said...

Your sunset silhouette is turning out beautifully. I like the purples and the lace-like look of the trees. Fun quilts too, and the cat drinking the water makes me grin! it's lovely to explore all the talent that is out there.

Maron said...

Wow! that is sooo beautiful. Wonderful work. And thank you so much for giving us a peek at those animal quilts. I loved seeing them! Such talent!

Abigail Davidson said...

Lovely artwork!

Custom Comforts said...

Beautiful works of art. What lovely creations Judy.
Cindy

Julie Jordan Scott said...

The colors in your sunset are gorgeous. My heart enjoys those transitions from darkness to light and light to darkness so much. You've captured the mood very well.

Happy AEDM!

Vicki Miller said...

good to see another fibre artist here. Love the sunset quilt, very inspiring. I was thinking of a tree silhouette yesterday and you have set me off!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is coming along beautifully. I really like the progress you are making on it.

These latest entries from the quilt show are stunning. I really enjoyed the first two.

Vicki Miller said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog

Karen L R said...


And I love watching your work progress. It's fun to peek into your process, Judy.

And It's wonderful to see the pics from the show!

xo

Karen L R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby Fife said...

You have a lovely piece going there. Looks like you are plugging along with the AEDM project:)

Jennifer Richardson said...

Your sunset is amazing and gorgeous...what a wonder you are.
And thanks for the grins:)
-Jennifer

Lorinda.C.F said...

Wow, your piece just gets more and more beautiful. Loving the added detail and depth. Such sweet animal quits! xx