Tuesday, November 26, 2013

AEDM Day 26 - Fused Flowers

I've missed a couple of days of AEDM, and today I was searching for a quick project to do.
I came across a box in my studio closet which reminded me of something I used to love doing...


Making cards!
These are some original cut-outs I've done, made with scraps of fused fabrics. I would have them printed on textured paper, mount the prints on cards and sell them in a craft co-op.


The box I found today contained backgrounds and vases which I had previously cut, along with "stems" and "leaves".


I used a linen background, chose some scraps of fused fabrics and started cutting.


Once petals and leaves are cut, it's almost meditative to arrange them in the fabric vase,  embroider the flower centers, iron everything down, mount it on colored card stock and glue it on a blank card.


This will make a nice note card for someone special!

Hope you're having a great day!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a nice way to make your own designed cards. I have some leftover wallpaper scraps that I didn't know what to do with... but I will have a try at this technique.

She Who Doodles said...

very pretty cards, a great use for all the little scraps.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

These are so cool! I haven't made cards like this before. Now you're inspiring me!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Gorgeous cards Judy! And thank you for sharing your process. I must admit, I really haven't played with fabric much. Thank you so much for your sweet comment this evening! xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm incredibly impressed by the detail of this and your other cards. I would never think to turn fabric scraps into cards. This is stunning and very inspirational.

Simone said...

Your cards are gorgeous Judy! I much prefer your way of 'flower arranging' than the standard way! x

Karen L R said...

The way you create such tiny things is just magical, Judy!