Tuesday, November 19, 2013

AEDM Day 19 - Flower Sketches

I'm getting ready for my collage quilt class tomorrow night.
I had already done a drawing of what I want to make - a vase of flowers -
but didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about what I had drawn.
Today I put more thought into what I'd like to create, 
and what kind of flowers I love.


I've always loved the simplicity of carnations and baby's breath,
but they might be a bit too simple.


I really love the drama of anemones, in rich reds and purples,


and gerbera daisies have great potential for a textural piece of fiber art.
I also like the shape of the common alstroemeria, with its graceful petals and twisted leaves.
I've decided that I want to use rich, deep reds and deep purples, with greens and golds,
so I have a bit more planning and sketching to do 
before the class!

These are purely sketches, micron pen and colored pencil over a pencil drawing.
I have to come up with a clearly outlined drawing, so I have work to do!!

Hope your day is a good one!!

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The flowers will be the crowning glory to that vase you showed us. I am enjoying your process as you progress through this project. I look forward to seeing it unfold even further as you decide on your final design.

Abigail Davidson said...

Lovely floral sketches! I'm sure they will make very sweet fiber pieces. Thank you for sharing!

Vicki Miller said...

Beautiful. You have inspired me to do more of my version of these sketches on fabric with free motion!

Libby Fife said...

Whatever you decide, it will be lovely! Have a good time at the class. Glad to see that you are moving forward with the AEDM ideas.

denthe said...

That sounds exciting. Looking forward to what you'll be doing. These sketches look all great!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Great sketches, can't wait to see who it all comes together!! xx