Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Signs of Spring Gone Wrong

Yesterday it was my intention to write about the celebrated Boston Marathon as a sure sign of spring.


It is usually such a positive celebration of humanity. I've never actually attended it, but it was always there as one of Boston's best days, Patriots Day, a much loved tradition in "our fair city". 

I'm sure you've heard about the bombs, the dead, the injured, the devastation. Our hearts are sad and I feel like this is just one more piece of innocence lost. I know Boston will rally, but this day will be forever tainted with the memory of what happened yesterday.

The sun is shining today, and I'm going to purposefully go out and look for signs of spring and hope.

Let's all have a good day!


3 comments:

Simone said...

Judy, who would have known that after I posted an optimistic Spring post yesterday, a horror story would unfold later that day. A timely reminder that we should all make the most of each day. I was heartened to hear that after the runners completed the race, many of them went on to run to the hospital to donate blood. There are many good people in the World. x

Karen L R said...

We got good news about our dear Lindsey, and keep those who got bad news close to our hearts.

The heroes are being lifted up by the media and that is the best news. Courage, compassion and love are stronger than fear and terror.

xo

Anne Butera said...

Going out to look for signs of spring and hope are a good thing. I hope you find lots of both.