Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Simple Craft Project

This box once held some delicious chocolates, and I've saved it for some time,
 knowing that it would make a perfect holder for my everyday jewelry.




I had this great piece of embossed gold paper in my stash, and decided to cover
just the top of the box with it, wrapping it around the entire cover.


I also had a great piece of cream and gold trim which I glued 
around the edge, then sewed on a pearly cream bead with flat sides
to make lifting the top easy.


I glued the back of the cover to the back of the box and ended up with
a nice place to keep my earrings and pendants which are usually 
strewn over the surface of my dresser.
It might be a bit simple for Lady Mary Crawley, 
but I'm very happy with my upcycled jewelry box!


Hope you're having a great week!



9 comments:

Lorinda.C.F said...

That's brilliant Judy! That box is just perfect and I love your touches to make it extra special. Your jewels will be happy in their new home I'm sure! xx

She Who Doodles said...

Perfect, what a pretty box. Perfect for jewelry

Anonymous said...

Great idea. It looks lovely :).
Stay inspired!

Karen L R said...

Lady Mary? She'd be missing a clever and Hartfelt treasure!

xo

Libby Fife said...

Very nice! Love the already installed dividers in particular. And Lady Mary should be so lucky! Doesn't that family need to economize anyway??? LOL!

Simone said...

You have done a wonderful job Judy. You could always fill the compartments with chocolate again! x

sharon said...

Don't you just love boxes? Their possibilities are endless. I can see your jewelry snug and untangled, each in its own little nest. Pretty, practical and fun. Splendid.

Shell said...

It looks pretty now. What a great idea on how to use an old box of chocolates.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh, look at you!
what a wonderful idea.
i love repurposing things
and giving them a fresh creative life.
well done, you:)
-Jennifer