Friday, August 10, 2012

Drawing with Scissors and Fabric



As my husband and I completed preparations this morning for a trip to see our daughter in Toronto, we found out that our flight had been delayed by 4 hours. Luckily we were still home and, since I was totally packed and ready, I decided to spend some of this bonus free time doing some fabric art! Just a little sketch cut directly from fabric as I chatted on the phone with a friend. When I get back home I'll decide whether to stitch it or leave it as is!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I just love that you made something so sweet and so awesome while talking on the phone! Good job:)

Have a safe trip and fun visit with Kate.

Karen L R said...

So clever! The sweet little piece AND the use of "found" time!

Safe travels and have a BLAST with Kate!

xo

Jennifer Richardson said...

you're amazing!
i love this just exactly as it is
(and you)
and hope you have an awesome trip
to see your sweet girl.
happy trails,
Jennifer

DearHelenHartman said...

Have a happy weekend. I think the lady and kitty are precious.

Anne Butera said...

Your fabric sketch is so sweet. What a joy to be gifted that extra time!

Have a great time and a safe trip.

Unknown said...

What a delight to see your fabric sketch. Its very clever of you to use your time by doing this. Hope you have a good weekend.
dog beds

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR WORK AND INSPIRTATION JUDY!!! What a treat to feast my eyes on your lovely expression of beauty - very touching and soulful as well as humorous...including your classic clowns "Rosie and Angus"....of course Ms. Kate is precious in her youthful beauty and I ADORE seeing you and Bill on your wedding day...I can't believe 35 years but I had the privilege of being a "star player" and actually the "cupid" who got the two of you together - so I am taking some of the credit! Love you, (your San Diego Side Kick and biggest fan!) Ann