Thursday, May 17, 2012

Painting and Flowers


I'm still doing my best to paint as often as I can for the month of May, although I haven't done that much!
This is a cat figurine that symbolizes good fortune, which my husband brought back from one of his many business trips to China. It's rather a silly painting - the doily looks like it's hanging off the edge of the table  but it was a quick effort with not much thought, so it makes me laugh. I do love the rich blue of the background, with a bit of purple mixed in. I used gouache paints and it took about a half hour.


These are photos of the beautiful flowers my daughter sent for Mothers Day.
I really must do a watercolor or fabric picture of some of them - they are really gorgeous!!



I've been a bit out of sorts lately, but checking out my favorite blogs, plus getting involved with Pinterest (thank you, Andrea) has been fun. Today was a beautiful, breezy day and I spent some time out on the porch with the kitties. So beautiful!

Hope you have had a great day and a great week so far!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

Karen L R said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Judy! Those flowers from Kate are spectacular!

Andrea said...

You're welcome!

Simone said...

The good fortune cat is lovely! I like his roundness!!! The flowers are beautiful and vibrantly coloured. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling out of sorts and hope that you are back on track very soon. x

Dana Barbieri said...

I hope you are feeling better Judy. Those flowers are so pretty. What a sweet daughter you have and I think you cat painting is so cute. I love that it is a good luck cat! Good for you for keeping to painting as much as you can. It is certainly an experience isn't it. Thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog I really appreciate it! XO

sharon said...

Sending you healing energies from my ridgetop meadow farm. Been enjoying how frequently you've been creating. All my time has been spent out of doors and I miss the frequent handwork.
Kate certainly chose well for your Mothers' Day bouquet. God bless daughters.

Jennifer Richardson said...

hope you're feeling sorted
and soothed
and satisfied
soon:)
(gorgeous photos)
-Jennifer

Lyn said...

I like the cat painting, he makes me smile.
Those flowers are screaming out to be painted too!
xxx

Anne Butera said...

Awww, your lucky cat is so sweet. Very joyful!

Can't wait to see you paint those flowers.

Hope you feel back to your usual self soon!