Thursday, November 10, 2011

AEDM Day 10

I have no new artwork to show today, so I thought I'd share a bit of my day instead.


It was a rainy day, but outside my porch this tree looked beautiful against the gray sky!

If you've ever read Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way, you know the value of an artist's date - time spent refilling your store of ideas and inspiration. It could be a walk in the woods, a visit through blogland, or a day like the one I had today. Along with a group of like-minded friends, I went on a fabric shopping trip to two great fabric stores. Our first stop was Fabric Place Basement in Natick, MA. Fabric Place had once been a favorite of New England sewing enthusiasts, and we were heart broken when all of its locations closed several years ago. Now the owner has opened this new store, and we are thrilled!



There were lots of goodies to look through. I bought some beautiful cotton fabrics that said "landscape" to me and some color saturated sheers which will be ideal for flowers.

Our next stop, Sewfisticated Fabrics in Framingham, Massachusetts, was another treasure trove in which  I found even more gorgeous sheer prints.



Being surrounded by a wealth of colors and textures is definitely stimulating to the imagination, and I can't wait to start creating some new work with my newfound materials! I'll show you my finds later!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me tag along. It was a lot less exhausting for me this way ;). I have Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way" and "The Sound of Paper" and really enjoyed them both :).

I can't wait to see what you create with your new found fabrics.

Stay inspired!

Linda Hicks said...

I also know the pleasure of artist dates! And Julia Cameron's "morning pages" can bring forth so many ideas one has to stop writing them!