Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Friends and an Award

Photograph by Anne Butera, used with permission
In November, while participating in Art Every Day Month, I discovered some wonderful new blogs and made some new friends. Anne, of My Giant Strawberry, and her mom Sharon, of Sallymomsprouts, were two I was especially taken with. They have an interesting story to tell and  each has her own blog. They are in the process of fulfilling their lifelong dream of starting a small farm in rural Wisconsin, and their blogs are filled with photos of their home in the country and the beautiful scenery around them. I love their stories of discovering a new community and a simpler way of life. There is a quiet sincerity about these blogs that I find refreshing. Take a peek and you'll also see some beautiful photography, lovely handwork, painting and a great deal of creativity!

Yesterday I was given the Stylish Blogger Award by the Anne mentioned above. I usually don't accept awards, but I'm thankful for it and, instead of passing it along to specific people, I invite anyone who wants to participate to play along. I'm to tell you 7 things about myself.
Here goes....

1.  I love flowers, birds and beautiful sunsets. (Doesn't everyone?)
2.  Even as a child, I always loved to draw and paint.
3.  I first used a sewing machine when I was 19 years old.
4.  I don't like to cook, but I've been "famous" for my lasagna for many years!
5.  I'm a terrible athlete, but I met my husband at a skating rink.
6.  In my lifetime I've been a cashier, draftsman, teacher, arts and crafts instructor, tutor, picture framer and art consultant.
7.  I'm a real procrastinator, but always manage to come through when there's a deadline!

I challenge anyone who reads this to name 7 things about yourself on your blog. It's always interesting to learn more about the people whose blogs we read, and do share an occasional photo of yourself!!

Finally, here is a photo of Angus and Rosie, all tangled up in their bed. My husband Bill aptly named it "Cat Soup"!

Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Simone said...

I am going to have a look at the two new blogs you mention Judy. I wanted to comment about 7 things about yourself but cannot get 'cat soup' out of my head!!! It is a wonderful photo and caption.! x

Libby Fife said...

I can't tell where one cat ends and the other begins! I enjoyed learning some things about you so thank you. I also enjoyed both of the blogs-very sweet and honest.

Karen L R said...

Love the blog links. :-)
And "cat soup".
And learning a bit more about you.
And you.
xo

Anne Butera said...

Thanks so much for the nice write-up, Judy!

It was fun to learn a bit more about you in this post, too. (Such sweet cat soup!).

As I've said before, I'm so glad that we met during AEDM. Your art is lovely and I always enjoy your blog.

sharon said...

Judy,
You honor me (us) with your lovely comments about us and our new life. Thank you. My life is richer for knowing you.
So you were a cashier, too?! I put myself through college working part time at a local grocery store. I hadn't thought about that in a long while.
Oh to be as flexible as a cat! No other creature has the body language that speaks so clearly, "Cozy."

Nan and =^..^= said...

It's so nice to find new blogs to visit and thanks for the links!
I enjoyed reading your list about yourself and realized 5.5 of the things could defintely be me!
I just love your cats!

She Who Doodles said...

thanks for sharing a little more about yourself. cute pix of the kitties, can't tell which parts belong to which.

Lyn said...

Congratulationson the award, I too think it is interesting getting to know something new about someone in Blogland.
I love the Cat soup photo!
love
Lyn
xxx

Bia, from Brazil said...

A beautiful part of the world, that´s for sure. You´re lucky to live there.

Have a lot of FMQ to practice before I can say I can do it really good. I´ll keep trying.

Thanks for the encouragement.