Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Five Faces in Five Days - Day 2

"Giovanna"

This picture was inspired by my recent trip to Italy.
It's not any particular person I met, but I kept hearing of and meeting women
named Giovanna, and one day I scribbled this sketch in my notebook:

 
Today I modified the sketch and traced it onto white cotton fabric,  machine stitched the lines 
with dark brown thread, and colored it with pastel chalks.
The funny thing is that, as I was stitching this piece, I realized that
it resembled another picture I had done a while back, in cut paper:


This image must be stuck somewhere in my subconscious!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

4 comments:

She Who Doodles said...

a nice gentle face. now that you have it on fabric what are you going to do with it?

Karen L R said...

i love the similarities here!

Libby Fife said...

Your notebook has grids? That is a very clever tool for getting the proportions of things correct.

Giovanna is lovely-very delicate looking:)

tea time and roses said...

What a sweet face. Beautiful work Judy! I also love the sweet little face in your previous post, and it is you! A lovely one for sure.

Happy week to you!

Smiles...

Beverly