Thursday, January 7, 2010

Creative Cue: "East"



I signed up to participate in a challenge called "Creative Cue" from Three Creative Studios when the new year began. Each week a cue will be given and this week's cue was "East". At first I thought of the snow we're experiencing here in the eastern part of the country, but I'm a little tired of making snow scenes. Instead I decided to make a plate of sushi! I embroidered this by hand and used watercolor pencils for a little color. I'm going to put a border on it and make it into a little pillow for my favorite sushi lover!
Unfortunately, I've decided not to continue with this challenge. I love Three Creative Studios and everything that Terri, Sue and Vicki do, but I've decided to pursue a few categories of ideas of my own for the year. Among them are People watching, Little Sweeties, Snapshots and Adornments.  You'll see what these categories are about as time goes on. I'm actually trying to organize my thoughts and plan ahead for a change! This is very unlike me, and I'm looking forward to producing some new work!!

8 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your sushi plate is wonderful Judy. Sorry to hear you won't be continuing to participate in Creative Cue, but I can understand. I wish you much joy and success in your plans and I look forward to seeing what you create.

Vicki W said...

Your sushi plate is wonderful!

Libby Fife said...

Well, I love the sushi plate-who wouldn't? I know the creative cue will be fun but I also know it is important to listen to what your inner voice is telling you to do, especially if time and energy is limited.

I look forward to whatever it is that you will be making:)

Shell said...

This is so creative. I love sushi!!
I like how you are going to do your own creative prompts.

Cat said...

Cute stitched sushi plate!

I will tune in to see your New Years endeavors! Sounds interesting!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Judy!

Your sushi is wonderful. This should be so much fun!:o) Wishing you a most lovely week.

Smiles...

Beverly

quiltcat said...

The sushi is wonderful! It sounds like you don't really need any creative cues as you've got some great ideas for the coming year...i'll be eager to see what you do.

Lori said...

Sounds like a good decision for you- you are totally busting out with creativity and projects.