Monday, September 21, 2009

Home Again!

My husband and I returned today from a road trip to Toronto. Our daughter Kate was hit by a car while riding her bike and broke her elbow, so we went to see her and to offer support. She also just began a new job, so she has a lot to contend with right now.
On our return trip, we saw little tiny bits of color in the foliage along the NY Thruway. In another few weeks the trees should be glorious in their fall finery.

While visiting in Toronto, we went to a wonderful store called The Paper Place. There we found an abundance of beautiful papers from Japan and around the world. Of course, Kate and I just had to buy some! You can see and/or order papers from them by clicking on the link.
Displayed in the window of the shop was this beautiful paper quilt called 'Garden 2009' by Judith Rudoler.It was carefully stitched, and the colors of the semi-transparent papers fairly glowed in the sunlight. This is the back of the quilt, taken from the inside of the store.

Tomorrow I hope to get back to making fabric paper!
Here's a shout-out to Kate: Hope you're feeling better, Hon!

8 comments:

Gayle said...

So sorry to hear that Kate broke her elbow but so glad you could be with her. :-)

Beena said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. Hope she gets better quickly!
The paper quilt looks amazing! have fun with your fabric paper making!

Libby Fife said...

Gosh, I hope your daughter is alright. It is super unnerving to get hit by a car I bet.

That quilt looks interesting. Lots of little bits of paper!

quiltcat said...

sorry to hear about Kate's bike accident! that must have been quite frightening to her. I'm glad you were able to go spend some time with her...was worried when you hadn't posted for a while that you were back in hospital yourself!

Lori said...

Thinking healing thoughts for your daughter. How wonderful that hshe was wearing cowboy boots and hat. I love it! One of my favorite places in the world to go are paper stores.

Judy Hartman said...

Thank you, friends, for your good wishes for Kate.
I love this blogging community of ours. I feel that there are so many caring people I have never met.
What a lovely thought!

Karen L R said...

Kate is in my thoughts and prayers, too, Judy! Glad you two could distract yourselves at the paper store. Almost as dangerous as a fabric store as far as I'm concerned!

Nan and =^..^= said...

I also am so sorry that Kate broke her elbow while riding her bike...
So glad you could visit her and hope that it heals quickly!
(speaking of accidents, the wind caught the car door and closed it on my husband's thumb last week while I was taking photos of herons! Ouch! It is still hurting him and he may have broken a little bone.)