Saturday, April 25, 2009

What I Love About Blogging


I've been blogging for nearly two and a half years, and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for this arty outlet!
Not being a very technical person, I have my daughter Kate to thank for setting me up with a blog and teaching me all the ins and outs of using the Blogger toolbar.
I've met some wonderful artists from around the world, made some good friends and found an online 'community' through this medium.
I think blogging has boosted my creativity quite a bit, since I feel compelled to 'show up' with new work on a regular basis. And the comments from other artists and readers are a wonderful reassurance that I am doing decent work.
So, here's to blogging!

This simple little fabric painting was an experiment using gel glue as a resist (the white outlines), letting it dry and then painting with acrylic paint. When the paint dried I washed the glue out with warm soapy water, ironed the piece and embellished with permanent markers. I had heard of this technique through my friend Andrea, who is a fabric artist, surface designer and quilter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith, Your experimentation was well done. Pretty piece.

Simone said...

I have never thought of using this technique before. Thank you for the inspiration. Thank you also for commenting on my poem. The lady in question is my Nan. She doesn't have alzheimers. Her mind is razor sharp but she is disinterested in life. She has to have everything done for her. The italic part of the poem are my memories of how she was when she was much younger.

Gayle said...

I can't wait to try this...such a great idea with beautiful results. :-)

tea time and roses said...

Just beautiful Judy! You are a great blogging friend and a wonderful artist....you inspire me!

Smiles...

Beverly

quiltcat said...

very nice, and successful!, experiment!