Sunday, December 2, 2007

Something New

Yesterday my husband gave me an early Christmas gift - the Apple MacBook on which I am writing this entry. I had an inkling that he had done this after he and my daughter went to the Apple store very early on the morning after Thanksgiving. Although they were getting a new laptop for Kate, I just had a funny feeling.....
The idea of learning something new (I had used only a PC before this) scared me no end, but my daughter assures me that I will be able to handle the new system and that she will give me personalized lessons when we get together at Christmas. How lucky am I !!
It did snow here last night and everything is white, punctuated by the remaining leaves in various shades of brown. It's a bit bleak outside, with a promise of more snow to come. A good day for getting some work done!!

4 comments:

tea time and roses said...

What a wonderful early Christmas present!! Judy, your snowmen are the sweetest with their smiling faces. So the snow is falling, here at home there is snow in the mountains and each Christmas season we try to visit a little town call Julian about an hours drive east of here. Julian has craft shops, country stores, farms animals, and a little shop that bakes the best apple pie ever. You have a wonderful week and Enjoy your new Christmas gift...stay warm!

Hugs to you...

Beverly

Unknown said...

I think that's a dandy gift! What a lovely family you have. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Unknown said...

JUDY!!! DID YOU SEE THE NEW!!! YOU WERE ONE OF THE WINNERS AT "THE BUNNIES BUNGALOW" GIVEAWAY!!! WOO WOO! HERE IS THE LINK IF YOU DIDN'T SAVE IT!

http://thebunnysbungalow.blogspot.com/

I couldn't be happier for you! When you get the goodies, I want all of the details!

HUGE HUGS, KJ

Unknown said...

OH, I LOVE APPLE! I couldn't live without my Apple PowerBook G4 laptop. I seriously don't know how people exist on PC's because Apple is so user friendly. I know your daughter will hold your hand and you will find out what I already know: MACS are awesome! I can help you, too!

My friends used to tell me to go out and get a PC. In the 10 years that I had my last Apple desktop, some of my friends had 4 PC's in that time frame.

I am dancing a jig!
KJ