Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fear of Flying

This fabric picture has a story behind it. A few years ago, my then 23 year old daughter Kate went on a solo trip to Mexico. Not being a great traveler myself, I was worried about her and the possible things that could go wrong for her as she traveled alone. On top of this, my husband found out that he had a business trip to Hong Kong and was scheduled to leave on the same day!
It was a stressful day for me, the professional worrier, but I could also see the humor in my situation, as my two nearest and dearest flew off in different directions while I stayed behind and fretted.
I'm a few years older now and don't worry quite as much as I used to. But as I wait today for my husband to arrive home from another trip to the Far East, I look at this picture and smile at the memory, grateful that everything turned out just fine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, can I ever relate to that story! I am the chief worrier in our house too!

Lovely piece as is the beautiful October quilt above.